Summary as of: June 29, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Coos County Testing Data
COVID-19 Updates for Today
- Oregon Health Authority has reported 8,485* cumulative cases of COVID-19 (+674 new cases) in Oregon, as well as 204 deaths (+3 new deaths) to date.
- *Includes cases confirmed by diagnostic testing and presumptive cases. Presumptive cases are those without a positive diagnostic test who present COVID-19-like symptoms and had close contact with a confirmed case.
- As of June 29, 2020, CDC reported 2,545,250 total cases (+41,075 new cases) and 126,369 total deaths (+885 new deaths) in the United States.
- As of June 29, 2020, the World Health Organization reports 10,021,401 confirmed cases (+178,328 new cases) and 499,913 deaths (+4 ,53 new deaths).
- New Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act) comes into effect on April 1st requires certain employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. These provisions will apply from April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
- Our next virtual town hall is scheduled for July 14, 2020. You can watch our virtual town halls live via YouTube Live on our YouTube channel or watch them later whenever you would like. The virtual town halls are scheduled for once a month on the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 5:30 – 6:30 pm.
- All questions are of value, so do not hesitate to ask via our specific email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The next COVID-19 situation update will be sent on June 30, 2020. We are not sending out updates on the weekend because official counts from CDC are only updated on Mondays through Fridays.
Coos County Public Health Response to Date
We continue to work closely with local schools, healthcare providers, emergency services, cities, businesses, and others to coordinate efforts and to share the most up-to-date information.
Current update regarding Public Health preparedness and response
- Providers and Public calls
- Specific taskforces
- Homeless population
- Hospitals and clinics for surge capacity
- Elderly and people in poverty
- Personnel Protective Equipment
- Public information and education
- Volunteer coordination and management
- If you have questions, suggestions, concerns, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
COVID-19 Situation in Oregon
Additional Information and Resources
Visit our COVID-19 page at: cooshealthandwellness.org/public-health/novel-coronavirus-2019-covid-19 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org